View a Custom Report
Parts of a Custom Report
|1||Report Title and Creation Date||The title and the creation date of the report.|
|2||Refresh date and button||
If you have the refreshable reports functionality enabled and you created a report with a future end date at the time of creation, then you see the date of the last successful run of the report and a refresh button. The refresh button is enabled if:
Click the refresh button to run the report again with the latest data. While the report runs again, the text and date change to reflect this status. For example:
In case of an unsuccessful run, you see the following error message in the report view:
Note: The results in the report are always from the last successful run.
Export the report to a .csv (comma separated values) or .xslx (Microsoft Excel) file. The name of the file is the same as the title of the report in all lower case and spaces are replaced with dashes (-). For example, if the name of the report is Primary metrics by month and city for sports, then the file name is primary-metrics-by-month-and-city-for-sports.<csv or xslx>. The resulting file always contains all columns. When exporting to Microsoft Excel format, the file contains a second sheet with information about the report filters used to create the report.
Note: When exporting results from a refreshable report, the export always contains results from the last successful run.
|4||Report Filters||The filters used to set up the report.|
Select which columns you want to see in the Custom Report view.
The list of columns shown depends on the dimensions and metrics selected for the report. For example:
|6||Sort||Click any of the columns to sort the table according to that column in descending or ascending order.|
When viewing a report whose status is Ready, but with a warning icon next to it, you see the following notification:
- Split reports based on time period. For example, query for each quarter separately instead of querying for an entire year.
- Remove one or more campaigns or goals from your selected filters, or create a report per campaign.
- Narrow down the data by selecting more filters.
- Remove one or more of the selected dimensions. If you have selected one or more dimensions with a high cardinality, query them separately.
- For the Time dimension, select a less granular breakdown of data. For example, select month instead of day.